Thursday, March 7, 2013

La casita

For weeks I didn´t know where I would live for the year.  I have been staying in a Center, temporarily, until the volunteer house opened at the beginning of March.  However, now my duties here have changed, and I can no longer live in the volunteer house.  There was talk about me doing a home stay, or living in a small house on the school´s campus.  But it has finally been decided...I will stay where I have been living!  It is in a wonderful location, on a main street, near everything.  To get to school, I just walk out the door, hop on the very crowded bus, and ride (sometimes standing!) for 7 minutes.  There is a family living at the center, taking care of it.  The parents are 36 and 37, so close to my age.  They have two daughters, 15 and 1.  The mother is a wonderful cook.  They only food I haven´t liked was lentils (and I already knew I didn´t like lentils!).  The center is used as a shelter for boys, but there has been talk about it not opening this year.  So, we´ll have to wait and see if I´ll be living there with just the family, or with 8-10 adolescent boys.
 
The casita.  My room is top left, under CRISTO.


The patio as you enter the front door. 


The Kitchen


My room is top right




Second floor, all bedrooms


My room

My private bathroom.  Hot water!!!

View from my room.  Avenida Bolognesi


View from the roof

This is my home until December!

No comments:

Post a Comment